"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy No Matter What

So! Finally I have some more time to blog about my camp experience this year. :) This is the fourth out of 7 posts on camp, and naturally this post will focus on my Wednesday at camp, July 7.


So before we dive into the photos, a little note here. I did not have any time to take any photos all day, until the campfire program, which is what you'll be seeing. I had already taken photos of camp council, so I didn't take any there. Of course I didn't take any during my Spiritual Body-Building class, and I didn't take any photos in the afternoon because we were doing all water activities. And as you well know water and cameras do not mix well! ;D

The afternoon activities were fun. I did not participate in all, but it was fun to watch. The first rotation (activity) was the "rocket", a yellow boat in which campers seat themselves. The "rocket" is then pulled by a boat, and often the campers get shaken off from the "rocket". For some reason, people think it is fun getting dumped off the rocket into the cold lake waters. I do not comprehend! ;D

The second rotation I participated in. It was swimming. While I didn't really swim, I enjoyed just walking back and forth in the pool and not doing anything really, since at camp there is such a busy schedule! :)

The last rotation was "Blob/Slide". Again, most campers like this, just not me. The blob is a huge water pillow you can jump onto, and sometimes when you jump on someone else gets "blobbed" off into the water. I like to call it "Cohutta's most unique, unpredictable water show!"

So much for what I didn't take pictures of. The play, of which I have photos of, was very good. The professor and his student ended up in the Great Depression, and met a would-be newspaper boy. The newspaper boy told of a job interview he went to. He didn't end up getting the job, but later he decided that was a good thing, as the man hiring would not be a good boss. The newspaper boy had decided that he would be happy no matter what. I really liked the play, and the message.

More to come soon! :)

~Photobug



















No comments:

Post a Comment