"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, July 25, 2011

Blogging Through The Books of Samuel: 1 Samuel 11

Good evening, everyone! Today was my first day of school. Since I need to start school really early in the morning, there is no time for blogging then. However, I am still hoping to blog as usual, just now in the evenings.

Today's chapter is 1 Samuel 11, which covers Saul's first move as king of Israel. What was his move? Well, the Ammonites had besieged the Israelite city of Jabesh Gilead, and the Ammonites pretty much promised to gouge out all the citizens' right eyes if they didn't behave and obey orders. That right there gives you a glimpse of the big-time action in today's chapter...go and read it yourself you to get the full dose!

Scripture:

"Saul separated his men into three divisions; during the last watch of the night they broke into the camp of the Ammonites and slaughtered them until the heat of the day." ~1 Samuel 11:11

Observation:

When Saul heard about the Ammonites' wicked threat, the Spirit of God came upon him and he mustered all of Israel to squash these offenders. He, Israel,--and God--succeeded wonderfully.

Application

The lesson I learned from 1 Samuel 11 was this: with God, you are a success. It's not you might be a success, or you could be a success. No. With God, you are a success, and this chapter is a beautiful example. Even more than ever, reading through this chapter made me want to always enlist God's advice and help for everything I do.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank You so much for giving me the opportunity to read this chapter today. Help me to remember that with You, I am always a success and that You are always there to help me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment