"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: John 14

Good morning, everyone! Welcome to John 14--my "new" favorite Bible chapter. Chapters on the crucifixion bring me to tears, Lazarus being raised to life gives me joy, but chapters such as John 14 are just so nice and comforting! Really, you should read the whole thing. You can do that here.
There's so many verses I'd like to share that I think I'm just going to list them off here, and SOAP about one of them.

1. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me [Jesus]. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." ~John 14:1-3

That is such an amazing promise! Doesn't it just fill you up with hope and joy inside? I know it does in me! Go read it again...and let it sink in. God is so amazing!

2. "The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work." ~John 14:10

Awesome. Just think, if everything you did and said was what God wanted you to do! If you were 100% committed to God, and carrying out his plan for you! That's the kind of connection that Jesus had to His Heavenly Father. I want that kind of connection, too...how about you?

OK. Let's get on with our SOAP!

Scripture:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~John 14:27

Observation:

Again, another top-notch promise! Really, I'm seriously considering memorizing this chapter! Here Jesus says he gives us his own peace...the only true kind of peace. Don't be troubled and afraid, Jesus says, I'm giving you my kind of peace--the true kind of peace, certainly not as the world gives it! 

Application:

In the world that we live in, we need Jesus' kind of peace more than ever. How about asking Him for it right now?

Prayer:

Dear Jesus, thank you so much for all the wonderful promises you have given me here in John 14. I want your kind of peace--the true kind of peace. Please come into my life, take control, and help me to witness for you how you see fit. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment