"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, July 1, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: John 13


Today's chapter is John 13--on Jesus washing his disciples' feet. Very good, thought-provoking chapter. For my SOAP today, I'm going to focus on what Jesus said after the meal.

Scripture:

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will known that you are my disciples, if you love one another." ~John 13:34-35

Observation:

Arrrrgh! Why does Jesus have to give such hard commands? Sure, some people it's pretty easy to love, but others....! Yet Jesus does say to love one another. That means I need to love the people that I don't get along with too well too. Hmm. I thought it was interesting what Jesus said when if we love one another, then other people will know we are Christians.

Application:

I do want to love all people...it's just so hard sometimes. That's where God comes in; I don't know about you, but I certainly can't love every person, on my own strength!

Prayer:

Dear God, I want people to see me and know that I'm a Christian. I want them to have a positive image of you. Please come inside of me, take control, and help me to love and get along with more people. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment