"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, July 11, 2011

Blogging Through The Books of Samuel

As I watched the "Blogging Through The Gospels" program wind down, I must confess I was getting a bit depressed. Reading through the Gospels was so much fun--I wanted to keep reading and blogging through the Bible!

After some thought and prayer, I decided to blog through the books of 1 & 2 Samuel. In these precious volumes are contained stories of the lives of Bible greats such as Samuel, Saul, and David. In these books we'll see how their lives, takes, and mis-takes played out, and we'll learn many lessons and what to do and not to do. Each day (well, probably Sunday-Thursday, I want a few days off to study my Sabbath School lesson!), I'll blog about one chapter and see what lessons can be gleaned, once again using the SOAP method. Following this pace, this program should finish by the end of September.

So come along with me, back to the time of prophets and kings, and see what we can learn!

~Tennessee Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment