"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Matthew 12

Good morning everyone, and welcome to Matthew 12!

Matthew 12 has some very good lessons and stories in it, though perhaps not as well known. This chapter covers Jesus as Lord of the Sabbath and how Jesus is God's chosen servant. The Pharisees and Jesus also debate on how Jesus could drive out demons if He was empowered by Satan, as well as the sign of Jonah and who really are Jesus' mother and brothers.

As I started reading through Matthew 12, nothing really popped out at me like other chapters. However, by the time I finished reading the chapter, two passages really impressed me. One I'll use for my SOAP today, the other I'll share with you right now:

"He who is not with me [Jesus] is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters." ~Matthew 12:30

Wow. So Jesus is saying that whoever isn't for Him is against Him. That means there's no middle ground; no "riding the fence" between God and Satan.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other." ~Matthew 6:24

I once read a quote in a magazine that went something like this: "Almost saved means you're totally lost." There's no middle ground with God; even Jesus comes out and says that you're either for Him or against Him.

Lord, please help me to firmly place my tent in Your camp and follow You. Amen. 

Ready for your morning shower? Don't forget the SOAP!

Scripture:

"For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." ~Matthew 12:34-35

Observation:

What we say comes from deep down inside, from who we truly are.

Application:

God will help change me if I ask Him too. He will replace the evil down inside me for good, so I can be a better, more cheerful witness for Him.

Prayer:

Dear God, I need a heart replacement. Please take away my old, evil heart and give me a new heart that longs to do Your will and be a good witness for You. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) click here.

1 comment: