"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Mountain-Top Birthday, Part 3

 "All aboard!" One of the main tourist attractions around Lookout Mtn. is the Incline Railway. It climbs--almost vertically it seems--from the bottom to the top. I never, ever thought my parents would take me on the Incline because it costs so much money. But they did! :D And it was a lot of fun.

To tell the truth, I was really really scared because of how steep it appeared--and is. But it turned out to be quite a fun experience as we descended and then ascened the mountain. Quite a unique and fun ride--18% grade in some parts. Here's some of the pictures I took!

~Photobug
 Next few pictures: What can I say? I told ya it's steep! ;)



 ^^Smile!
 ^^Advertising is everywhere...even while you're doing what the add is telling you to do! :P
 ^^Midway another train car passed us.

 Next few shots are of the train car at the bottom station.


 ^^My parents were having fun as we boarded for the trip up! :D



 ^^This is what the interior of the car looked like. There's a reason why the seats are tilted!
 ^^The machinery that we put our faith and lives in...
 (above and below): an 18th birthday celebration couldn't be complete without geocaching! Mom and I found this cache by a tree....which was semi-by a trail...which was by a playground...which was on Lookout Mtn.! Below, me with the cache.
Well, that's it folks. My parents gave me an AWESOME 18th birthday...truly a "mountain-top" birthday in every sense of the word! :D

Series concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment