"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Most Awesome Mission Ever: Discovery & STS-133



Here is a very nice video that NASA just put out on the now-retired shuttle Discovery and her STS-133 mission over this past spring break. This video may be 17 minutes, but it is the most awesome video ever!! It is put together so nicely, and shows in a great way the two-week mission.
The STS-133 crew

Now I must share a little something with you. I have a soft spot in my heart for Discovery and STS-133. Since Discovery/STS-133 was the first shuttle mission that I really followed (before that, we didn't have high-speed Internet), I feel like Discovery was "my" space shuttle and that STS-133 was "my" crew! ;) I felt like I got to know the mission and the crew certainly more then any other mission. Another reason why I liked STS-133 was that I felt it showed that spaceflight was not limited to just one kind of person. On STS-133, black and white, male and female flew. I really liked that.

Soooo.....all this is saying is that I love Discovery, I think that the STS-133 was AWESOME, and that I think you should watch this video! :D

~Photobug

P.S.--Remember, come to my actual blog to view this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment