"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, April 15, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Matthew 13, Part 1

Good morning everyone! Welcome to storytime! We have now reached Matthew 13, which is full of Jesus' parables. In fact, this chapter is so long and so good I will be blogging about the first half today, and the second half tomorrow!

So today I read verse 1-35, and then thought about what I might want to blog about. Nothing super exciting jumped out at me, but I did find verse 12 really cool.

Ready for your daily shower with SOAP?


Scripture:

"Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him." ~Matthew 13:12

Observation:

Hmmmm. Just a few verses prior Jesus told the parable of the sower, and how seed fell on different types of ground. I do not want to be the path, rocky place, or thorn type of ground that does not keep the seed, or Word of God.

Application:

If I want to be the good soil and understand the Word, I need to do my best to understand what the Bible says, whether it is listening to God or another godly person. When I do that, God will bless me with even more insights from His Word.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank You for letting me read this passage today. Help me to understand what I read in the Bible, so You can bless me with even insights from Your holy, precious Word. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) click here.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even think about how your verse goes hand in hand with the one I chose today! :)

    ReplyDelete