"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Why I Like Spring

 Ahhh....spring! I truly think spring is my favorite season of all. Not to say that I don't love fall and summer, but every time spring rolls around I feel like it tops the list. From dormant, blah-blah winter springs beautiful, gorgeous, and vibrant colors everywhere. Green is the style, highlighted by pinks, yellows, white and more as flowers. (Such as the tulip at right.) As spring continues to unfold more and more I just love it more and more!

As spring is "sprunging" I am constantly reminded on how new birth, new beginnings, new creations sprout from the old. White flowers on the here-to-fore brown trees. Yellow, pink, and purple flowers spring up, dotting the landscape like so many pretty dots on a painting which before was barren and brown.

There's another reason I like spring. It reminds me that no matter how blah-blah, dormant, old, brown, and barren I may feel spiritually, God freely gives us new chances to reconnect with Him and become a new, beautiful creation. To come to Him and say, "Lord, I know I've made mistakes. Please forgive me. I give You all that I am. It's not pretty, but I know You can make something pretty out of it. Amen." 

In 2 Corinthians 5:17, the Apostle Paul says:

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

When I completely give God my dirty, old, winter-like self, He comes into my life and totally changes it. He makes a new creation out of the old, a pretty thing out of the ugly! Perhaps that is the reason why I like spring the most is that I am reminded daily how God can take something ugly and make something good, indeed gorgeous out of it! Flowers on plants, leaves on trees.

What about you? Will you let God take over your life and make something truly gorgeous out of it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi my names Elijah,
    I'm a puppy raiser for CCI. I found your mom's blog through briana's CCI blog and then your blog :) If you'd like to stop by my blog the address is: ccipuppyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete