"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, April 23, 2011

SonRise 2011



Today our local university and church held their annual Easter pageant, called SonRise. You go through the Jerusalem marketplace, the Last Supper, Gethsemane, Pilate, the Crucifixion, and finally the Resurrection. This is our fourth year going, and it just keeps getting better and better! It's really hard to explain how awesome it is.

So...without further adieu, here's some of my better shots from today. Now I must confess a little: last night I charged my camera batteries all the way, and still my batteries wore out the second Jesus came triumphant from the tomb! :( Oh well. I do have some pictures of Jesus coming out of the tomb from last year. To attempt to show you how awesome the Resurrection scene is, I located a YouTube video of the Resurrection from a few years ago. So enjoy the pictures....but please come to my blog and watch the video!! It's below all the pictures.  If you'd like to see my pictures of last year's SonRise, click here.

~Photobug

^^Roman soldiers, right before opening the Jerusalem gates.

(above and below): I really liked the pottery shop!




^^"King of kings and Lord of lords, Glory! Hallelujah! Jesus, Prince of Peace, Glory! Hallelujah!..."

^^"This stick will kill a bear on your first shot or your money back!!"



^^I really liked this Chariot! :D
^^There was a sign nearby that read, "Goats on the left, sheep on the right!"




^^Gotta pay the tax collector....
(above and below): Jesus talking with the children. He was asking them how they got to Passover, if they didn't ride donkeys! :D

^^"No, Lord! You will never wash my feet!"
Next few shots are of Gethsemane.





(above and below): I really liked these "leaders" expressions!





^^"Why did you awaken me in the middle of the night??"
^^"Are you the king of the Jews??"
^^"WE WANT BARABBAS! WE WANT BARABBAS!"
^^Behold the Man.

(above and below): I was able to stay close and in step with Jesus as he marched to Calvary...

(above and below): "We you there....when they crucified my Lord?...."

(above and below): some of the few photos I did get this year of the Resurrection.

^^Jordan McKee played the part of Gabriel. She has worked at Cohutta before, as well as starred in the Esther plays in Wisconsin a few years ago.
^^Jesus is ALIVE!!


^^This is SO awesome....PLEASE watch it!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment