"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Kitten's Mewsings: Learning How to Be A (Tough) Cat

Hi! I'm Wiggles, the new cat around here! It was just last week that my new family picked me up, and am I sure glad they picked me! I'm two months old, love to play, and am learning lots!

Actually, to tell the truth, I'm not really writing this article. For at least another week I'll be in the bathroom in isolation, so for right now I'm telling the Teen what to say, and then he types it. Okay? When I am free to roam I'll snag a paw-top and do my own blogging. This is such a big space for a little kitten! I don't know if I have that many things to say! The Teen said I could have a column on his blog...so I guess that means I'll be writing on a regular basis!

It's been less then a week since my family got me, but I'm learning lots! I am so happy when my family comes and visits me in the bathroom. I purr and purr and purr! Sometimes I even tip over my water dish! When my family comes to visit me, we have lots of fun.

Sometimes I'll show the Teen how rough and tough I am. I'll leap up my scratching post (see picture) with ferocious strength and speed. I'll play hide-and-seek with him, or tag too. In tag he'll stick out his fingers and move them a bit, and then I tag him and catch him and bite him! I heard my family say that they don't want me to bite them, but we'll see about that! Other times I just love to bite the Teens' clothes. Anything and everything goes for biting and tagging material for me!

When the little Girl comes to visit me, we'll play a game called Kitty Baseball. She'll roll these balls for me, and I'll catch them! I have a blast with my balls, but I'd still rather go after you than a ball! The little Girl will also pick me up and cuddle me too. When my Mommy comes in, we have lots of fun! She'll cuddle me too, and sometimes to show her that I'm happy I'll go in circles and chase my tail! The problem is, just when I'm about to catch that thing, that tail gets away!

I know there is another Big Cat in the house. I can't wait to get out of isolation so we can play, and he can teach me all sort of fun cat things!

Well, that's 'bout it. I can't wait till my family comes in to play with me some more!


Wiggles

No comments:

Post a Comment