"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Prophecy Fulfilled

Is it just me, or are there more natural disasters, earthquakes, etc. happening these days?? And I don't even read the news!

Last year was really when I started following the news a bit more then I had before. First there's the earthquake in Haiti, then the one in Chile.Then there was the volcano that erupted in Iceland, wreaking havoc with Europe air traffic. Then there was the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and now this year the several earthquakes have occurred in the western Pacific, such as New Zealand, Japan, and Burma. And I know there are a lot I don't know about!

Quite frankly, when my father tells me of another natural disaster or earthquake somewhere, I just think, oh really? wow...too bad. It doesn't seem to call forth quite so much great emotion, anguish, or sadness that it should, these disasters seem to be happening so often. They seem to happen so often that I get dulled, and since I don't get affected it doesn't mean much. But it does mean much. The earthquakes are wreaking just as much havoc as they did before, and even more now.

Is it just me, or are more natural disasters happening these days??

I thought it interesting that Jesus talked about increasing earthquakes, too. When His disciples asked Him what the signs of His soon coming would be, Jesus said this:

"Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places." ~Matthew 24:7

There is a reason why there are more earthquakes nowadays, and we should take notice. God is trying to arrest our attention, even in relatively small ways. Prophecy is being fulfilled more and more, right in front of our eyes. What will you do? What will you do with these "wake-up" calls from God? Ignore them, or tune in and listen to what He has to tell you??

No comments:

Post a Comment