"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: John 11

Today's chapter--John 11--has just become one of my new favorite Bible chapters! Jesus raising Lazarus to life has to be at the top of anyone's list! Totally awesome story. OK. Onto our SOAP!

Scripture:

"When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it."" ~John 11:4

Observation:

I was really attracted to Jesus' reply here. Martha and Mary sadly witness Lazarus going downhill, and send a message to Jesus. Jesus replies that this sickness will not end in death. And then Lazarus dies. What were Martha and Mary thinking then? That's certainly something I hadn't thought about too much before.

Application:

I can really relate to this story right now. In the past week there has been just so many things going on for me--getting my drivers' permit, scheduling all my part-time jobs around each other, my current work, and so much more that it has seemed like nothing will ever work out. I'm sure that's how Martha and Mary felt too.

Just like them, I'm having to learn that God is in control, not I. I could never figure out how everything could work out--so many "what if's"--but God can. And he is! I was able to pass my written test and get my drivers' permit this morning (yay!!), and right now it looks like my work schedules will be working out fine. God is even throwing in some fun surprises for me, just because he can!

God wants the best for his people. We may not see how he can do it, but if we surrender and trust him, he will take charge and take care of our lives in a marvelous way.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank you for leading me to read this particular chapter on this particular day. I know that wasn't a coincidence. Once again, I surrender my all to you. Help me to trust in you more, and let you take charge and take care of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment