"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Luke 20

Luke 20--a chapter chock full of the teachers of the law asking Jesus questions, hoping to trap him in his own words! Really interesting stuff...especially when their questions backfire! Let's SOAP.

Scripture:

"He is not a God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive." ~Luke 20:38

Observation:

As I started reading this chapter this morning, I really wasn't sure what to SOAP about. I didn't see too much, if any, material that I could SOAP on! But when I read this verse I knew that I should SOAP on it!

I really don't know what else to "observe" about this verse...just go read it again, its so wonderful!!

"He is not a God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

Application:

Are you dying in some way? I'm not talking about cancer or physically dying, though it could be that. Are you dying emotionally or spiritually? I think we all are to some degree. Good news! God is a god of the living, not of the dead! If we ask him, he will make us alive again. Isn't that awesome??

Prayer:

Dear God, I know that I'm dying in some way or another. I surrender all to you, Lord--please, come to me and make me alive and whole again! Thank you. In Jesus' name, Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment