"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Luke 18


Wow! I almost can't believe that we're 75% of the way done with Luke, can you? I know that I've sure been receiving some good messages and challenges as I read through Luke, and Matthew and Mark as well.

Anyway. Onto Luke 18, which covers many, many, things. Jesus teaches a couple parables, the little kids come to Jesus, the rich young ruler comes to Jesus, Jesus predicts his death, and a blind beggar receives his sight. Whew!

Scripture:

"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." ~Luke 18:1

Observation:

So Jesus tells this parable about a lady who pleads to this unjust judge for him to avenge her adversary. This lady continually comes to this judge, time after time after time after time after time! Finally, the judge thinks to himself, "Since this lady is so annoying me coming every day and pleading and begging, I'll see that she does receive justice even though I am unjust...I just want her to go away!" So this unjust judge does make sure this lady receives justice.

Application:

Jesus' point? If the unjust judge did that, how much more does a loving God want to do good things for his people?

Good point, Jesus.

God does want to do wonderful things for us. All we have to do is ask and believe!

Prayer:

Dear God, help me to not get weary and give up on you. I know you want to do wonderful things for me--please help me to ask for the right things and not give up! Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment