"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, June 10, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Luke 16

Good morning, welcome to Luke 16, everyone! This chapter is choke-full of Jesus' awesome teachings and parables. Let's start SOAPin' right away! :)

Scripture:

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." ~Luke 16:10

Observation:

I don't think I need to explain this verse. It is pretty straight-forward.

Forgive me for talking about this (again!), but I have truly seen this verse come true in my part-time jobs that I have held. As my bosses have seen that I am faithful in little, they have given me much to be faithful in. I may have not received a promotion to a different position from what I was originally hired for, but I have gotten more trust, respect, and responsibility. While we're on the subject of work, another Bible verse just popped into my head:

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might" ~Eccl. 9:10

I'm really not trying to brag about how great a worker I am--I'm just trying to share from my personal experience how Luke 16:10 is so true...

Application:

Do we really need one? Let's just look at our Scripture again:

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Prayer:

Dear God, help me to be faithful in little and faithful in much. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment