"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: John 8

Good morning, everyone! Welcome to John 8! Today's Scripture passage is not the most, um, um, peaceful--as the Pharisees and Jesus are in constant contention! Let's SOAP.

Scripture:

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."" ~John 8:12

Observation:

In the last week or two, we have had almost constant thunderstorms. Every day, it seems like one comes, and more times than not, our power goes out too. For a few hours. If I don't have a flashlight myself, I'm telling you, I try to trail as closely as I can behind someone else who does!

I really, really like this verse, and the concept that Jesus is the light of the world. Just think pretend that the world is in one great big huge power outage, and the only light is Jesus. He truly is the light of the world. And it's just so awesome to think that whoever follows Jesus, will never be in darkness! And we won't just be in the light; we'll have the light of life! Cool!

Jesus is the light of the world, and his Word is a light to our path. See Psalms 119:105--

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

Jesus--the Light of this world. His Word--showing us where to go.

Application:

Are you in the Light, having a close relationship with your Savior?

Prayer:

Dear God, I know that you are the Light of this world, and through Your Word you tell me where to go and what to do. Help me to stay in your presence, stay in your light, and do what you would want me to do. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment