"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, June 20, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: John 2

Well, I must admit, I almost didn’t write today because I couldn’t think of anything to write about! I’ve found one thing to SOAP about, so I’m going to go with that, but be prepared—it may not be all well thought out like my other posts!

Today’s chapter is John 2—on Jesus turning water into wine at a wedding, and Jesus clearing out the Temple.

Scripture:

“When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”” ~John 2:3

Observation:

I noticed that Jesus let the wine (well, I think it was actually more like grape juice, but for this case I’ll still call it wine) run out. Even when the wine did run out, and Jesus’ mother informed him of the crisis, he still didn’t appear all too keen on performing a miracle. But eventually, on his own time schedule, Jesus did perform a miracle and provided more wine. 

Application:

What I get from this story is that Jesus does supply our needs. Sure, it may not be on the time schedule that we want, but nevertheless, he does supply what we need. And we can count on that.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank you so much that I could read this chapter. Thank you for reminding me that You will take care of my needs. Thank you so much for all that you do for me! In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

1 comment:

  1. That is a good point. All to often, we forget that just because God doesn't answer on our time frame, doesn't mean He's not still taking care of us the way we need to be. Very thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete