"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Luke 22

Wow--Luke 22--it covers a lot--very serious themes! Why do I say that? Well, because Luke 22 covers a lot of ground...all the way from Judas agreeing to betray Jesus to Jesus before Pilate and Herod!

Scripture:

"Jesus said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them...But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves." ~Luke 22:25, 26

Observation:

Wow. I've known this command almost by heart for years now, but it's still amazing to read it again. In Jesus' kingdom, the greatest one serves. Jesus has just a few more hours with his disciples, and he tells them this. Wow.

Application:

Right now at my age, I'm kind of trapped at that "younger age"...I may only be washing dishes, but I can still do a good job. I may be serving (as in, by washing dishes), but I can still be positive.

Sure, while more "serving" jobs may come to the younger folk, no matter what your age you can serve, and be truly great. Be humble. Do a good job at what you're doing. Encourage someone. Do something nice for someone, something Jesus would do. No matter our age, we can all find ways to "be great" in Jesus' eyes.

Prayer:

Dear God, please help me find ways that I can serve others today. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/ 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post--good thoughts! I chose the same verse! And I LOVE your picture!

    ReplyDelete