"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Luke 5

Welcome to Luke 5, everyone! This chapter deals with Jesus recruiting some of his first disciples, as well as some of his first miracles.

There are many thrilling stories and I'm sure several nice lessons to learn from this chapter, but today I'm going to SOAP on a verse most people probably wouldn't have chosen...

Scripture:

"Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, "We have seen remarkable things today."" ~Luke 5:26

Observation:

This verse comes right after Jesus performs one of his awesome miracles. After the miracle, everyone was amazed!

Application:

I know this is kinda continuing the lesson I pulled out yesterday, but it is so good I must say it again: When you totally surrender yourself to God, He will use you and you will see remarkable things happen! You will be a fantastic witness for God, and everyone will be amazed at what He is doing.

Prayer:

Dear God, I know I've said this before, but I do say it again with a sincere heart: I surrender all to You. I know that I can't do this by myself. Please help me to stick with this decision, and when I have a fight with self, help me to still stay surrendered to You. I know that when I do surrender all to You, amazing and remarkable things will happen. Please show me what You would want me to do. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

1 comment:

  1. Some lessons are worth repeating--I found myself basically reviewing the same lesson I learned from yesterday's Bible reading as well. :) Maybe God just really wants us to "get it!"

    Love your flower picture!!!! Where did you find THAT one?

    ReplyDelete