"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, May 20, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Mark 14, Part 2

Today we finish up Mark 14, the chapter we started yesterday. Since we only went through verse 42 yesterday, today we will cover the rest of Mark 14, verses 43-72!

The second half of Mark 14 contains some very important and thought-provoking stories, such as Jesus being arrested, Jesus before the Sanhedrin (being falsely accused with false witnesses in a Jewish court), and Peter disowning Jesus.

There are some really awesome lessons in here--such as don't betray Jesus--but since I already used that lesson for the same stories in Matthew, I don't want to use it again. I do think that it will be harder for me to think of new, fresh lessons to write about as I get deeper into the Blogging Through The Gospels program and as I continue reading more and more Gospels! Oh well.

But that's enough about me. Let's get on to our SOAP! Ready for your daily shower?? ;)

Scripture:

"The men seized Jesus and arrested him...Then everyone deserted him and fled." ~Mark 14:46, 50

Observation:

These two verses that I selected came from when Jesus was being arrested. The first verse is pretty self-explanatory; but I think I shall explain the second verse. A couple events and a few minutes had passed since Jesus was arrested. Jesus' disciples are still in abject shock. Fearing for their lives, in case that they might be captured too, they flee. All of them. As far away from Jesus as they possibly can.

Application:

Now don't get me wrong; I'm certainly not blaming the disciples for what they did. I can assure you, I'd do the exact same thing that they did if I was in their position! But still, today I want to talk about faithfulness.
When you're at school, work, home, or other places, do you just stick around people when the times are good? Are you just a "sunshine" friend in your friendships, relationships, and other interactions with people?   God wants us to not just stick by our friends and family when there's sunshine, but when there's rain, thunder, and lightning! Often, it's in the hard times that people need friends and family the most.

Do you stick by your friends and family as much as you could? I think that all of us have room to improve. See what Jesus has to say in Matthew 7:7-8:

"Ask, and it will be given to you...for everyone who asks receives"

So God will help us on our quest to be more faithful to our friends and family! Isn't that wonderful? We certainly can't do it on our own, but see what Jesus says in Matthew 19:26:

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Today I challenge you. Be more faithful to your friends. Your family. And most importantly, be faithful to God.

Prayer:

Dear God, help me to be more faithful to my friends, family, and You. I know I can't do this on my own, but I know that you are more than willing to help me. Please help me. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment