"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Friday, May 20, 2011

California, Part 4: Eating Pizza and Being Lazy

In this fourth and final post about my wonderful California vacation, I'm going to talk about what we did in our down time at my grandparents' home, and our journey back to Tennessee.

Of course I spent a good chunk of my time on Grandpa's computer, whether it be finding information on geocaches, researching on Amazon, or browsing on Facebook. We also watched movies such as In the Shadow of the Moon, The National Parks, Facing the Giants, and Flywheel. I really enjoyed watching Jeopardy! as well--it's a very nice educational game show. I also really enjoyed meeting up with my uncle Doug and cousin Ed. It was very nice to see them again, since I hadn't seen them since last year.

Now I shall explain the title of this article. Other than being catchy, I wanted to have a title that sort of explained some of the things we did at my grandparents' home. Certainly a high point in our vacation was when my grandpa ordered pizza for us all! It was extremely yummy. And of course, I do enjoy being lazy once in a while! :D


Our trip home went exceedingly well! Everything went as planned, and we had enough time to catch all our planes. One of the things that saved me on our big four-hour flight was the moving map! Every couple minutes, altitude, air speed, how much more time till we landed, and where the plane was in the U.S. was all displayed. I don't know; perhaps other people don't care for all that much information. But as someone who really enjoys Flight Simulator, I really enjoyed having all the real-time data! I think the only thing better was if there was an audio channel that I could tune into to listen live to what's happening in the cockpit! :)

Series concluded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment