"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, May 16, 2011

California 2011, Part 2: A Boy and His Dog

 During our California vacation, my grandparents treated my my family and I to the Charles M. Schultz Museum! It was lots of fun--got to pose by some cool statues (see above and below pictures), browsed in the gift store, and even met up with some long-time friends that we hadn't seen forever!

Of course, the museum was lots of fun too. We had been there two years ago, but it was still grand fun visiting again. I was not able to take any pictures in the galleries, but I did manage to snap a few shots in the big hallway and outside. One of my favorite part of the museum was the two-story mural of Lucy and Charlie Brown, made up of 3,588 2x8 inch Peanuts strips! Anyway, so much for me. Enjoy the photos!

~Photobug
 ^^Alison & Snoopy.
 Above: Woodstock. Below: Woodstock, Alison, Grandpa.

 ^^Some beautiful yellow flower. Sadly, I do not know what variety....
 (above and below): the famed 3,588 Peanuts strip mural of Lucy and Charlie Brown!

 ^^The "official" kite-eating tree! ;)
 ^^The nice little garden, outside of the museum proper.
^^A statue of Charlie Brown near the front of the museum.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment