"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Prayer to Nature's God


God of the roadside weed, grant I may sweetly serve the humblest need.

God of the scarlet rose, give me the beauty that Thy love bestows.

God of the honeybee, help me to draw deep joy from all I see.

God of the spider's lace, let me, from mine own heart, unwind such grace.

God of the lily's cup, fill me! I hold my empty chalice up.

God of the seagull's wing, bear me above each dark and turbulent thing.

God of the watchful owl, help me to see at midnight, like this fowl.

God of the antelope, teach me to scale the highest crags of hope.

God of the eagle's nest, O let me make my aerie near Thy breast.

God of the burrowing mole, let cold earth have no terrors for my soul.

God of the butterfly, help me to vanquish death, although I die.


"Prayer to Nature's God"
by Frederic Lawrence Knowles
Found in Young Disciple Magazine,
Volume 19, Number 42, Page 5
Photography by Tennessee Photobug

No comments:

Post a Comment