"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Mark 9

Mark 9 covers some pretty exciting stuff! First there is the awesome special Transfiguration, where loudmouth Peter pretty much ruins the whole thing. Jesus heals a boy with an evil spirit, teaches some, and his disciples (once again!) argue about who's the greatest. When Jesus asks them what they were arguing about, the disciples were ashamed and didn't speak a word!

Let's SOAP and see what we can learn.

Scripture:

"be at peace with each other." ~Mark 9:50b

Observation:

The scripture above is how Jesus sums up his discussion on who's the greatest. Arguing is not fun or good for us. As Jesus spoke these words of wisdom, I wonder if he was thinking of a proverb of Solomon's:

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones." ~Proverbs 14:30

Application:

This is probably the hardest SOAP I've written to date. Why? Because arguing is such a problem for me. I know that arguing is not good for me, and I certainly don't like doing it, but it's just that certain members of the household can so get under my nerves!! This is certainly as much of a challenge for me as well as for you: don't argue. Be at peace with each other. I think we all need to work just a little more on being at peace with the people around us.

Prayer:

Dear God, please help me to be at peace with the people I interact with. Amen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment