"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

California 2011, Part 3: Geocaching in the Golden State


While in California, I definately wanted to rack up some California geocaches. Here's some pictures of me with the caches I found in the Golden State. Above is me with my first California cache ever!

~Photobug

 ^^Here's me with the little trackable wombat  that I discovered on Lookout Mountain. The wombat, "Wally", flew with me across America and landed in a cache 2,090 miles away! I felt so sad to give him up, but oh well. That is what I needed to do. I was greatly encouraged when I found in the same cache another trackable that needs to go east!
 (above and below): Next few photos are of a very nice cache we found in some bushes. This is where I left off Wally.


 (above and below): Next few photos are of another cache my family and I found. It was a big pill bottle that was glued to a stick which was hooked over the gate of a wishing well behind a drive-in restaurant. This whole contraption was hidden behind a sign!
 Above, a closup of the cache behind the sign. Below, a picture of the wishing well and sign. The cache is behind the "79 cents" sign.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment