"We shall individually be held responsible for doing one jot less than we have ability to do...But when we give ourselves wholly to God, and in our work follow His directions, He makes Himself responsible for its accomplishment. He would not have us conjecture as to the success of our honest endeavors. Not once should we even think of failure. We are to cooperate with One who knows no failure." ~Messages to Young People, p. 309

Monday, May 16, 2011

Blogging Through The Gospels: Mark 11

Welcome to Mark 11, everyone! This chapter covers Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem, as well as the activities that Jesus did shortly after entering into Jerusalem. You ready for a shower with SOAP? I am!!

Scripture:

""Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." ~Mark 11:22-24

Observation:

When Jesus came to Jerusalem, he actually didn't stay in the city at night. Instead, he stayed in a surrounding village. One day as Jesus was going into the Jerusalem, he saw a fig tree, but it didn't have any figs. He cursed it, prophesying that it would never again bear fruit. The next day, Peter noticed that this particular fig tree surely was rotten. Peter mentioned the rotten fig tree to Jesus, and that's when Jesus replied with today's Scripture.

Sometimes, it seems to me like God isn't listening to my prayers. Don't get me wrong--I know he is listening, but I just don't see any results down here on Earth. When that happens, I get a little bit discouraged at times. But this verse is comforting to me. I don't have to see results with my own eyes (even though that would be nice!), I just need to truly believe that whatever I've asked for has surely been given to me.

Application:

Do you, do I have faith that whatever we ask for (naturally, that would be for our or other's true good) will be given to us?

Prayer:

Dear God, please strengthen my faith in you. Amen. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.--To learn more about this blogging-through-the-gospels program, or if YOU would like to join yourself (you're more than welcome-jump right in!!) go to: http://www.momstoolbox.com/

1 comment:

  1. Awesome observation.. sometimes I do have that faith and sometimes I waver. I need to have it ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete